Sunday, June 13, 2021

A Scary Shopping Experience

A Scary Shopping Experience 

It was a wonderful day 10 years back when I was just 5 years old. We, my parents and I, had decided to go shopping as my eldest sister was about to get wed-locked. I insisted my parents on taking me along with them and surprisingly they agreed. We soon drove to our destination. Fascinated by the tall and beautifully decorated building, I quickly stepped inside the mall. I was left with my jaw hanging when I looked at the enormity of the structure. There was a crowd larger than the shopping mall itself and loud music was being played.

We then entered one of the stores inside the mall and I was astounded to find so many varieties of clothes at the same place. It looked so colorful from a distance. We went from one rack to another looking through kurta, jeans, t-shirts, tunics, etcetera, etcetera.  Among all those varieties of clothes, the only dress that caught my eyes was a pink floral frock with a belt and a tiny bow. I liked that dress so much that without any hesitation, I picked it up and innocently kept it in my bag secretly.

After a while, we finished the selection of dresses and it was now time to pay. My mother was paying the prices of all the clothes that were purchased whereas I had completely forgotten about the dress that I kept in my bag. We were heading out of the store when suddenly, the detection sensor started making a weird sound. The security guard rushed towards us and asked us to reveal all the things in our bags. My family members were completely surprised by what had happened. I soon realized that the dress that I kept in my bag was unpaid. I was really ashamed and petrified for what I had done. However, I confessed everything that had happened and asked for an apology. Fortunately, the manager had a daughter of my age and he was very compassionate towards me and forgave us with a big smile.

In a nutshell, it was a bitter and ghastly experience for a child like me. I hated the thought of going shopping after this incident. However, since time heals everything, I now have overcome this fear but I’m still conscious enough to not repeat such mistakes in any of my shopping experiences ever again.

By Samriddhi Shrestha

BBC cares for you

Featured Post

NEW COURSE English Reading and Writing

NEW COURSE English  (Reading and Writing) Time: 3 Hours                                                                                 ...

Popular Post