Monday, December 28, 2020

My First Shopping Experience

Samriddhi

My First Shopping Experience 

A shopping trip at a grand mall might sound like an interesting and exciting experience to most of us. I was also very excited to step inside the tall and magnificent building to pick and choose all I wanted from each shop. However, I could never reckon how this wonderful experience was going to turn out to be in the end.

It was a wonderful day 10 years back when I was just 5 years old. We, my parents and me had decided to go shopping as my eldest sister was about to get wed-locked. I insisted my parents take me along with them and surprisingly they agreed. We soon drove to our destination. Fascinated by the tall and beautifully decorated building, I quickly stepped inside the mall. I was left with my jaw hanging when I looked at the enormity of the structure. There was a crowd larger than the shopping mall itself and loud music was being played.

We then entered one of the stores inside the mall and I was astounded to find so many varieties of clothes at the same place. It looked so colorful from a distance. We went from one rack to another looking through kurtas, jeans, t-shirts, tunics, etcetera, etcetera. Among all those varieties of clothes, the only dress that caught my eye was a pink floral frock with a belt and a tiny bow. I liked that dress so much that without any hesitation, I picked it up and innocently kept it in my bag secretly.

After a while, we finished the selection of dresses and it was now time to pay. My mother was paying the prices of all the purchased clothes whereas I had completely forgotten about the dress I kept in my bag. We were heading out of the store when suddenly, the detection sensor started making a weird sound. The security guard rushed towards us and asked us to reveal everything in our bags. My family members were completely surprised by what had happened. I soon realized that the dress that I kept in my bag was unpaid. I was humiliated and petrified for what I had done. However, I confessed everything that had happened and asked for an apology. Fortunately, the manager had a daughter of my age and he was very compassionate towards me and forgave us with a big smile.

In a nutshell, it was a bitter and ghastly experience for a child like me. I hated the thought of going shopping after this incident. However, since times heals everything, I now have overcome this fear but I’m still conscious enough to not repeat such mistakes in any of my shopping experiences ever again.

By Samriddhi Shrestha

***

BBC cares for you

Featured Post

NEW COURSE English Reading and Writing

NEW COURSE English  (Reading and Writing) Time: 3 Hours                                                                                 ...

Popular Post