Friday, March 22, 2019

SEE Grammar Test-101

Grammar Test

A. Copy the following sentences selecting the best option from the brackets.
  1. He is …… (a/an/the/zero article) one eyed man I saw yesterday.
  2. She is disappointed …… (with/by/at/for) me since last weekend.
  3. I’d rather do it tomorrow,…….?(hadn’t I /wouldn’t I /shouldn’t I)
  4. She isn’t hungry because she …………her lunch.(has just taken/took/had taken)
  5. They are felling the trees. In other words………………….( the trees are fallen/the trees are being felled/ the trees have been fallen)
  6. Mohan said, ‘Can you drive a car?’ The reported speech is……………………..(Mohan asked could you drive a car/Mohan asked if I can drive a car/ Mohan asked if I could drive a car)
  7. ………his hard work, he failed the test.(Although/Despite/In spite)
  8. Neither the boys nor their father……interested in the work.(is/are/am)
  9. If I were sick,……………..(I wouldn’t attend school/I won’t attend school/I mustn’t attend school)
  10. The police got the thieves………..(surrender/to surrender/surrendered)
B. Rewrite the following sentence selecting the correct choices from the brackets: 6
a)     Careful! You are putting ----weight. (over, on, to)
b)     He is …....honest man. (a, an the)
c)     Neither of them got through, ...............?(had they, didn't they, did they ?)
d)     The e-mail was sent by a friend of mine. Alternatively,-A friend of mine............. the email. (sent, has sent, was sent)
e)     Either Ayushree  or Tajshree .......my cell phone. (are taken, has taken, have taken)
f)      "I have seen a giant." He said he.......a giant. (has seen, had been seen, had seen)
g)     “Have you been to Tasmania?" She asked me.......to Tasmania. (have I been, If I have been, if I had been)
h)     America ........Hilary Rodham Clinton as its 45th president. (will elect, had elected, has elected)
i)      ...................her poverty she runs a home for homeless. (Because of, Although, In spite of )
j)      He was sending an SMS. An SMS............(is being sent, was being sent, were being sent)
k)     Can we get them.......the washing? (do, to do, to be done)
l)      If you invited, I..........  (would have come, would come, will surely come)
  
C.Rewrite the following story choosing the correct words from the brackets. 5
Once a tiger lived in a forest. One day while he was having rest a mouse ran…………. (up, after, over) it. The tiger caught it in its paws. The mouse was very badly…………. (frighten, frightening, frightened). It………… (said to, asked, ordered) the tiger, "You are………….. (a, an, the) king of the forest. I am too small for your appetite. (If, Unless, Whether)…………..you set me free now, I will help you one day. The tiger smiled at it and said, "you will help me ha ha ha,……………. (will, won't, don't) you ?" Then the tiger let it go.
After some days the tiger………………… (catches, caught, was caught) in a trap set by some hunters. The tiger……almost……. (will …lose, was…losing , had… lost) his hope of being alive..........(and, but, because) then the mouse came for his rescue. It cut the net and freed the tiger. The tiger said to himself, "Even this tiny mouse………. (makes, had, got) me to think about the importance of friendship." They became good friends thereafter.
***

BBC cares for you

Featured Post

NEW COURSE English Reading and Writing

NEW COURSE English  (Reading and Writing) Time: 3 Hours                                                                                 ...

Popular Post